Tired of big city life Justin and Cyndia moved from Melbourne in 2003 when they bought The Waterfront Wynyard motel. Seventeen years on they are still welcoming guests to their little riverside motel in Tasmania. Rescuing this mid-century motel has been a joy (mostly!) and we along with our amazing team strive to provide a ‘property with personality’ that ticks all the accommodation boxes
The Guest Lounge
The Guest Lounge provides a relaxed lounge area where guests can watch TV, read a book from our guest library or enjoy a Tassie wine and cheese platter by the fire. Casual snacks featuring local produce are available as well as a BBQ area where you can cook your own local Tassie meats. Breakfast is served daily in The Guest Lounge and Lavazza espresso coffee is available all day.
- Justin – Head Honcho – into boats and trains and pygmy otters
- Cyndia – Top Banana – with a penchant for studying the human brain!
- Andy – Housekeeper – Would like to travel to the moon one day (time permitting)
- Dan – Housekeeper – has been with us awhile as well and races Peruvian guinea pigs in her spare time
- Lisa – Housekeeper – wonder woman! Is collecting petulant horses.
- Sandy – Receptionist – is into collecting teaspoons from the byzantine era.
- Abbey – Receptionist – resident clever clogs and is working on her extensive paperclip collection
- Lorna – Chief Cook – can cook up a brekkie storm! She also has a very fine collection of fridge magnets which arranges in various fashions.
- Taylor – Housekeeper – is working on her understanding of Lativian and Bavarian tuba music.
- Dave – Dave of all trades – is our virtually resident builder, creator of things and all round talented token bloke about the joint.
- Mollie – Canine Guest Relations Manager – she needs no introduction. 15 and still in charge of the show.